The International Families Committee provide support and networking opportunities for Murray Ave's community of international families.
Whether you're new to the US, or have lived here for a while, international families share a unique experience. And it can be fun to share a little of our backgrounds with our US friends too.
- Our activities include Meet and Greet drinks for parents to meet and socialise
- The highly successful International Foods table at the Spring Fair
- Sponsor of International Week held in October
If you'd like to get involved, or have any suggestions for things you'd like to see this committee do, we'd love to hear from you!
Contact Justine Knight and Nicki Haines at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Week is held October 19th to 23rd and the theme for 2015 is 'A World of Stories'.
Murray's first International Week will run w/o 19th October! It's aimed at ALL Murray kids, whether they have an international background or not. It's a chance to learn about different cultures and countries from around the world.
We have a great week of activities planned for international week!
- An activity worksheet for all children to complete and displayed in the cafeteria during International Week. A copy of the worksheet can be found here
- Parents from the International Families committee will present to all grades on the morning of October 19th. The presentations will be based a story, myth or legend from their background country.
- The school will be decorated with flags and the Front Door display cabinet will hold 'souvenirs' from around the world.
- Mrs Tanenbaum has created a "World of Stories" based reading list here. Please enjoy all the fabulous stories from around the world!
Parent Presentations - 19th October
On the 19th October, 8 parents presented to all the classes on stories, myths or legends from around the world.
Additional presentation notes can be found below -