The Science Activities programming serves to enhance and expand upon the science curriculum in the classrooms. The Science Activities' programming culminates in March when 3rd-5th graders display the results of their own scientific inquiries at the annual Science Fair. Always a highlight of the spring, the fair fosters a spirit of scientific curiosity, exploration and wonder in our students.
2020 Murray Avenue Science Fair: Tuesday March 10th
All students in grades 3-5 are encouraged to take part in this fun and rewarding experience.
To learn about and to sign up to participate in the Science Fair follow the links below:
- 2020 Science Fair Important Dates - A list of dates to help you plan your time
- Science Fair Handbook- Read this document for step by step instructions on how to help your scientist create a successful and fun science project and for important restrictions on what can be done and brought to the Science Fair
- Register for the Science Fair (closed for 2020)
- Project Display Boards* are available for purchase from Futterman’s Stationery
- Get inspired with these Science Fair Display Examples and this Ted Talk
- There are also a variety of research resources on the Murray library site: https://www.mamkschools.org/schools/murray-avenue-school/murray-library
- Parents - we need your help to make the Science Fair possible. Please sign-up for a volunteer spot
* Each team must use a white tri-fold display board to present their information at the Science Fair.
If you have questions or would like to help out, please contact the Science Fair Committee (Cindy Olsen, Mindy Chopra, Sarah Susser and Gali Lodish) via email: email@example.com
Pizza for Green Tigers
Don’t want to cook dinner the night of the science fair? The Green Tigers are selling pizza! GT is a parent run volunteer organization that works with student members in grades 3-5. The Green Tigers are working hard to minimize the carbon footprint at Murray Avenue School and the world around us. All money raised will fund various projects such as a lunchroom mural, increasing sustainability at school events and more.
Please use this order form to order your pizza
Murray Tinkering Nights (2020) --STEM Alliance of Larchmont-Mamaroneck
- GRADES 3-5: Thursday, February 6th. 6-7:30 PM.
- Intro in the Cafeteria // Activities in the Gym.
- Parents are MUST participate with their child.
- GRADES K-2: Thursday, April 2nd. 6PM.
Tinkering = Learning Through Hands On Exploration!
The STEM Alliance FREE Tinkering Nights for Grades 3-5 are back for another exciting year! Enjoy “ Playing with Perception ” as you work alongside your child discovering how your brain perceives sights and sounds -- things may not always be what they seem.
What to expect
- Welcome and educational videos about sight and sound (please arrive promptly)
- Hands-on activities ("Make & Take")
- Fun exploration stations to investigate the interplay between your brain and your eyes’ perception of color and light, and your ears’ perception of sounds. Come see if you can trick your brain in different ways
Extend the learning
We are partnering with Andersons Larchmont for theme related tinkering activities and books. Purchase a tinkering kit to take home and continue the fun. Order now, along with your free tickets, or at the event
murraytinkeringnight2020.eventbrite.com Space is limited. This event is FREE and ONLY open to students from Murray. Parents MUST attend and participate with their child
In order to have a successful event that evening, we need volunteers - parents, teachers and older students (HMX or MHS) are welcome to sign up here . We'd love help running a table. It’s fun and easy. We’ll show you how.
For more information on Tinkering Nights please visit the STEM Alliance website at https://lmstemalliance.org/tinkering-nights.html.
Sarah Cronin, Programs Manager
Antonella Kauffman, VP of Programs